CairnTalk

Holiday Cards 2010

Nikki

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has an extra card or two email me b/c Linda would like to receive/ and send some cards.

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Enjoy cards this year! My work schedule is making me a scrooge this year :( I've been doing cards since the first year it started, so I'm sad to miss out, but I have to cut back on fun this year. I hope folks post their card pics on the forum so I can see some of them. I'm so going to miss the daily cairn-mail! For those of you who are new around here, you've got such a treat coming your way!

Anyone who missed the deadline can PM me their addy and I will add to my list. I haven't yet ordered my cards yet, so there is still time.

Got our first Cairn card today! A beautiful picture of little Ellie & the Chicago skyline, from Ellie's Mom, Lorie. The fun has begun!! :)

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Yes, we now have one card (thanks!) taped to the stair bannister, and are eagerly awaiting all the others that will join in the display.

Last year some said, "All your friends seem to have the same kind of dog...." :)

I got my first 2 cards this weekend -- what fun! And some gorgeous wheaten Cairns.

Must get busy on my own cards -- still have to take the photos. :santa2:

More cards arriving every day. This is so much fun! DH says, "These dogs get more Christmas cards than we do!"

Just picked ours up so now I have to get them in the mail...

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

We show Hollie and Brystal each card when it comes in, It's so cute they are so attentive to each card! And it's amazing how similar some of our cairns look!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

After Christmas, it would be cool to have everyone post a picture of what their Christmas card looks like.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

We show Hollie and Brystal each card when it comes in, It's so cute they are so attentive to each card! And it's amazing how similar some of our cairns look!

I show Tanner each of them, too! He's even licked a couple! Everytime someone sees them, they tell me there are an awful lot of dogs that look like Tanner!

Becky & Tanner

Maxwell has gotten several cards in the mail so far. Some even come addressed to him, in care of me! What a hoot. All my friends say "your dog gets more cards than me!"

When the cards come, we sit on the floor and open them together. Maxwell sniffs all over them, sometimes gives a lick and sometimes tries to bite the or run off with them!

I wish we had a place to hang them all up, but right now they are on the counter. We are moving in a week, and once we get settled maybe we'll put them all up for a bit to make the empty space a little more homey until the holiday season is over

Holly got her first card today...................she had a sniff!

Unfortunately I only got my cards in mail today and the photos have not turned out at all right, so I have sent out the cards I had for the Cairn Relief Fund which does rescue in UK, as it will take too long to get the others back again but they will perhaps be in time for next year!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I am SO enjoying this!! Don't know when's the last time I really looked forward to getting the mail.

I'm picking up my cards tonight, so hopefully they'll be coming your way in the next few days.

Don't know when's the last time I really looked forward to getting the mail.

Isn't it great to want to open your mail box, rather than dreading seeing all the bills!

The cards are wonderful. Taz and Gypsy thought they were the cutest darn Cairns going ... well now they are feeling a bit humbled :santa2:

We finally got our cards in from the printers, and they are addressed and ready for tomorrow's mail. I have so enjoyed all the cards we have gotten so far. This is the first time, in a long time, that I have actually enjoyed opening my mailbox! :P All of the pups are simply beautiful. Murphy just loves looking at all of the photos! :thumbsup:

We are really enjoying the cards too! Funny, my 24 year old son who at first thought I was being a weird dog lady doing Christmas cards seems to look forward to getting them as much as I do. My grand-girls LOVE them. They especially like the dogs all dressed up. Unfortunately we've been snowed in for a couple of days in NW Indiana, so no mail. I'm hoping for mail today!

I finally got mine mailed yesterday (hope they make it across the sea in time). I always plan to send them early but it never happens :confused:

We received our first 3 cards today, it really brightened my day :thumbsup: As usual all the pups pictured are beautiful...

ctdogs.jpg

Steve and I have a great evening planned tonight. We're going to share a bottle of red wine and address our cairn cards to you all -- they arrived in the mail yesterday! This is just a heads-up in case you are wondering what that red stain on your envelope is from...

Steve and I have a great evening planned tonight. We're going to share a bottle of red wine and address our cairn cards to you all -- they arrived in the mail yesterday! This is just a heads-up in case you are wondering what that red stain on your envelope is from...

That sounds like one fun way to get those cards done! I'll have to remember that next year!

Things have been so crazy the last couple of weeks but I want to take a minute & thank you all for the lovely cards. They absolutely make my day santa.gif

Thank you all...

sheila and Misty

all your dogs are ever so cute!!! makes me want more of them :whistle: my neighbors wouldnt be too happy but we are allowed legally up to 4 each home here more than that we have to get a kennel license and I dont think it would really be allowed here.actually Toby and Misty are more than enough for now.

Archived