CairnTalk

Cairn presents

Carolinasmom

Thanks for the welcome hallswell and bradl!! and the link. I'll have to get in touch with Bette. Glad y'all enjoyed the pics and videos. My camera is practically glued to me now. I'm surprised the dogs haven't hidden it from me yet. :)

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

Music Dog Videos - featuring Murph the Cairn, Oz and Gully the Collies and Idgie the Jack

Nothin' Butt Dogs - Picture Contest - July 2006 Photo Contest... Theme: Naughty Dogs... Submit Picture by July 30th, 2006.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Les,

Another welcome to the Forum. I too loved the videos and the great old tunes that went along with them. Murphy is too cute, especially on the seesaw and your Smooth Collies are beautiful. Maddy was beautiful too, bless her heart :halo:

Again welcome to our group of Cairn lovers!

MikeC

Welcome, and thanks for the fun videos! They were too funny! Scout likes to flip her toy around too. Last year she broke a christmas ornament by "flipping" her toy in the air and it hit the tree! Finch likes to play soccer too....maybe we should get the two of them on a soccer league??

hi there Beth, Mike and Shoe(love that handle, too cute)!!

Thanks for the welcome! Gull is actually pretty dangerous with any toy he can fling. Both poor Murph and I have been beaned, cuz we didn't duck fast enough.

The soccer playing nut is actually my friend's dog. I've tried to get mine interested in that and you'd think with the long noses, it'd be the perfect game for Collies, but as soon as the ball stops, they stop. Closest I've come is Buster Cube Hockey, inside on the hard wood floors. Easier for me to keep things moving in a smaller space.

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

Music Dog Videos - featuring Murph the Cairn, Oz and Gully the Collies and Idgie the Jack

Nothin' Butt Dogs - Picture Contest - July 2006 Photo Contest... Theme: Naughty Dogs... Submit Picture by July 30th, 2006.

Welcome ParNone and Murphy! I'm glad you joined us. Thank you so sharing your pictures with us, especially the picture of Maddie. She reminds me of my first Cairn, Ginger who passed away 7 years ago (but it still feels like yesterday).

My mom lives with us and she's 82. This morning she was sitting in her chair reading the paper quietly and down the steps comes Scully running and jumps on her lap licking her face to no end. Then she was lying on her chest like a baby would so my mom could cuddle her. There is nothing like the unconditional love of these Cairns.

Again, welcome to our group!

Parnone, I love your doggie vidoes! Very cute. Murph is jsut a doll baby. The other dogs are beautiful too. Cute idea!

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Thanks Wheezie!

Murph was a lil' bit of a handful as puppy, but he turned out to be the best dog. Maddie was a dream dog from the get go. I like to say she came out of the box already assembled. ;) Never going to be another like her.

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

ParNone, your Maddie definitely sounds like my Ginger was. After being in this forum I see that she was one in a million. She never did anything like Scully or most of the Cairns here. God rest her little puppy soul.

Yeh for the most part, Maddie wasn't really all that terrier like, except in bossing Murph and Oz around and when it came to getting after varmints. She was blind the last few years of her life, but I'd still take her camping with us. I had a lil' backpack to tote her around in, on hikes. One night at the camp, she was attached to a lawnchair, because I never really had much worry of her taking off, even before when sighted. An armadillo headed into our campsite. Murph went nutz, barking at him, pulling to get at the diller.

Not sure if Maddie knew what he was barking at, but by god if the camp was under seige, she was jumping into the fray. She went charging across the camp, lawnchair dragging behind her, to help Murph out. Unfortunately she was running the wrong way. ;) Bless her lil' terrier heart. I've an artist friend, who captured that moment:

Campin2.jpg

And here's Murph staying up all night, on diller patrol:

campin1.jpg

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

Oh yes, the drawings are fantastic and I agree that you and your friend that drew them would have a wonderful children's book about the adventures of Maddie and her friends. And what a tribute to Maddie!

MikeC

Thanks y'all!! We've talked about a book, from time to time, but never get any further then talk. Since y'all enjoyed those, you might like the CairnToon we did for Cairn Rescue. Here's the link:

CairnToon

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

Les--

How adorable are those???? I love your watercolors. There is a very sweet quality about them. How busy are you with your children's book? May I write to you? I have some other ideas. . .a little different, but dog-related. . .

Thanks for sharing these

:D

Best,

Jill

Thanks toomanypaws and cathy!!

Hi Jill, the artwork is actually by my friend, Judes. Any thoughts of a book have been on the back burner for years. We're in the middle of trying our hand at T-shirts and such right now, with cartoonish dog butts on'em. You can give me a holler at parcrastinator@yahoo.com

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

Archived