CairnTalk

Riding in the Car

Kate

What kind of pills did the vet give you? My vet said to give her benadryl and it completely spaced her out. The next time I gave her a little dramamine and she seemed to do better. I hate to drug her up just to ride in the car.

Enya loves the car - She now jumps in and sits on the floor (sometimes makes her way to the backseat). Our car is full of paw prints on the passenger and back windows

Enya's Mommy

www.dogster.com/?91068

Hi Kate!

Sorry, it's been so long since I used the pills, took me awhile to find them. They're Acepromazine. Oz didn't have any space out issues taking them. He was taking them before our training classes and wasn't having any issues doing everything I asked in class. Course I'm sure like people, reactions probably differ per individual.

If I could have slowly built up his love of the car through training only, I would have definitely gone that way. But him being a puppy and me trying to get in all kinds of socialization and training for him, I was taking him somewhere in the car a couple of times a week. I didn't want him to keep having negative after negative experience in the car, so I temporarily used the pills so he could have a bunch of good experiences and get excited about going in the car.

Les...

video_butt2.jpg

Music Dog Videos - featuring Murph the Cairn, Oz and Gully the Collies and Idgie the Jack

Nothin' Butt Dogs - Picture Contest - July 2006 Photo Contest... Theme: Naughty Dogs... Submit Picture by July 30th, 2006.

Archived