CairnTalk

Weird behavior...what do you think she is doing?

Eliz222

This is another of Scully's favorite places to take a snooze. This is our living room upstairs and she takes the small pillow, beats the @#$) out of it so it's squished just so, and then plops on it like the Queen of Sheba. Sometimes she'll curl up in a ball on it and I don't know HOW many times we've been looking all over for her and she was sound asleep on the sofa - blending right in like camoflauge (sp?).

post-270-1111018317_thumb.jpg

Growing up, I had a Lhasa Apso that would sleep on my mom's legs like that in the recliner. Piper doesn't do that (mainly because we don't have a recliner) but she does get as close as she can to me and puts her head on my lap to snooze when I'm sitting on the couch. And she is always curled up with me in bed, generally under the covers if it's cold. She even has her own pillow. When she's too warm, she crawls on top of my head and puts her face on my neck, lol.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

When we first got Liddy I remember reading that Cairns aren't really lap dogs and feeling disappointed because I wanted her to cuddle. I can't remember where I read it, but it seems to me that it wasn't an accurate statement. I would say that Liddy spends about 90% of her day in someone's lap. If someone comes into the room where she is sleeping, she will wake up, jump in their lap, curl up and go back to sleep.

Liddy also likes to jump up on the couch, but not around someone's neck. She perches herself at the highest point in the room and surveys her kingdom (aka our backyard) from her spot of honor.

Rebels favorite spot is my hubby's chair

1470430mychair.jpg

He does share it sometimes

1470432recelconfort.jpg

He never shares with his puggy brother Hamm is left all alone on the ottoman

1470435ott.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

What a great thread this is. When Zoe was still with us, we used to joke and call her our "cat-dog" because she would walk along the top of the couch and sleep. She was extremely bonded to me, and she used to lay like that across my neck. At night, she would creep up to my pillow and curl around my head. She also used to like to lay on the coffee tables! I sure do miss her. Neither Tucker or Scruffy do it. I wonder if it's predominantly female?

Thela

Guest Darcy's mom

Oh, poor little Hamm. He looks so forlorn. I know you give him lots and lots of special attention too but that look on his little face is just so pitiful. Give him a hug from Darcy and me.

Jo Ann, if I am not mistaken, not too long ago, judging by the picture on your post of Scully, you were worried that her hair would never grow out after being clipped so close. Not to worry, her hair grew back just beautiful. She's a real doll!!

Sandy

Guest pjoes_Girl

Toby does it too. I thought it was because our boston does it, and i try to dissuade him from it, but he just loves it up there.

Darcy's mom, yep you were right about me being worried about her fur. When I took her to the groomer weeks ago I just asked them not to cut her so short. I put that picture up on my desktop here at work and I keep looking at my little dollbaby. It's amazing how much love these dogs give you.

Thela, my other Cairn was a female and she never did the "cat" imitation thing. Wonder what causes some to do it and not others.

Archived