CairnTalk

Another So Soon?

Tribo64

What are you waiting for........go get that boy!

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

Coda is really precious! I was cracking up over the "hidden pees". I can only agree with Scully's mom & sbudd. Good luck

Monica

Enya's Mommy

www.dogster.com/?91068

Guest mrskti

oh man, i wouldn't wait too long, that's when someone will come in and scoop him up!!!! Like Joann said "run like the wind!!!"

:( Wellll...... to make a long story short, my husband surprised me with Coda today. I was delighted and elated until......

He nipped at my daughter when she got too close to his pig ear.

He nipped at my daughter when she got too close to his food.

He bit Charlie when Charlie got too close to his food. Poor Charlie. Cried like a baby and went to his kennel and wouldn't come out.

He nipped at me when I went to pet his head when he had the pig ear.

He nipped at my husband when he pet him at his food dish.

The latter two, of course, were intentional. To see how nippy he really was. I made him sit for a half an hour (the whole Alpha training) and had him eat out of my hand but, frankly, nipping twice at my daughter and terrorizing my pup has sort of taken the joy out of this new arrival.

I'm pretty sure we're sending him back tomorrow. My daughter is devastated but she is only six and doesn't understand....

My son has decided that it is in Charlie's best interests to send Coda back, too.

Am I doing the right thing?

:(:(

i'M sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your pup. maybe he needs time to adjust? Maybe don't give him any pig ears or treats until he learns that he is not in charge.

I understand your dilemma. I hate to see you send him back before trying to at least correct the problem. I am sure he is really stressed out being sent from home to a pet store. I am sure he was not socialized at the pet store. Maybe you could talk to the pet store and see if they would extend it to a week because of the problem.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Guest mrskti

I think we see why he was at the pet shop, this is not a pup, right? This kind of aggressiveness is scary. I feel so bad for dogs that act this way cause someone evidently did something to them to act like this. I watch Animal Planet all the time, and this is one big test to see if dogs are adoptable is to try and take their food or pet them while eating. If they strike out, they put the dogs down...it's so sad. Even if you could cure him of it, you'd always be on edge....I know I would. Poor little guy. Good luck with your hard decision.

Archived