CairnTalk

Has your house gone to the dogs?

hallswel

Guest girliejr

26. Your "sun room" which used to be cute and a nice breakfast nook is now the dog's room and full of toys and creates!

29. when you start comparing potty training stories with the neighbors at a cocktail party

30. When every upholstered chair and couch is covered with an extra blanket or sheet to keep off the dog hair -- and you tell your guests, "Don't sit there. That's the dog's chair..."

31. And, you reach into your blazer pockets for a pencil or pen during a meeting -- and pull out plastic poop bags....

Scully's Mom - I am # 24 as well :wub:

33. When you find yourself signing your dogs name(s) on greeting cards you send out.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

34. You and your spouse send each other Mommy/Daddy cards for Xmas, birthdays, Mother's/Father's Day from the pets.

35. You mull over pet friendly birthday cake recipes for your dog's birthday, and invite the neighbors dogs over for the party complete with hats and balloons!

Mike

Mike, I thought I was the only one who had pet birthday parties!

Ok, let me confess how I spent most of the day today.

36. When you spend half the day on the internet looking for your pet's birthday gift.

Bought Emma a $35 rhinestone collar this morning. She'll be 2 on the 21st and we are having a party - 7 Cairns are coming! God help me!

Guilty of # 34.....

37. When you spend at least an hour a day on the Cairn talk forum chatting about your pup(s). (Guilty again...)

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Here they are so far

YOU KNOW THAT YOUR HOUSE HAS GONE TO THE DOGS

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

39. When everything that you have read in this thread makes complete sense and is considered perfectly normal behavior. :D

Mike

Thank you, Hallswel! Great idea to start this thread.

If I may add to your ending:

No matter how much trouble our dogs cause, how much money they cost us, how much they make us worry, life is much better with them and we'd be very lonely without them.

A guest comes into your home and says, "Hmmm ... it smells like dog in here" ... And you realize that you don't smell anything at all!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

When you buy a king size bed so that your husband can have room to sleep in bed with you again after the dogs have kicked him out ( I had to choose between them, and I knew Matt would be more understanding than my boys)

When while building a house, the first thing you tell your architect is that you must have a kennel room with a doggie door.

You spend your lunch hour reading the Cairn Forum instead of shopping!

I've lost count - add mine to the end!

Marmielin

Archived