CairnTalk

I'm here!

wheezie23

Shoe, unfortunately, I have not really rested. I live in the city of Gonzales, which has become a refuge center. They're erecting a tent city on the fairgrounds a few miles from my house right now. Because of the influx of all of these refugees here and in Baton Rouge, we've experienced something that we've never had to deal with before - life in the inner city. We've had a sudden rise in shootings, muggings, robberies, car jackings and general mayhem. Rumors are abounding all over the city and everyone is living in fear, including me. We've been told by the police to avoid the downtown areas and to stay off the roads and lock our doors. Yesterday everyone in this community were anxious and willing to do whatever we could to help. Now we're all feeling violated.

Petey, there was a message on my email from cairn rescue asking for help fostering those seven cairns. They've apparently been placed now, thank God. There's a good chance that I will be temporarily fostering one or two other cairns for an evacuee from New Orleans. The prospect of being able to help in a manner that is near and dear to my heart is very good.

Thela

I don't know what to say,it's so strange watching it on tv, I feel like I'm seeing news stories about a third world country.All I can say is that we all feel for you over here in Australia, and we are in shock.

Once again your country suffers something we can't imagine and our prayers are with you.

Deb.

Thela-

Is there anything we can do for you? I think we all feel a bit helpless with everything that is going on, and with you being so close to everything a bit worried too for your safety.

I think Fed Ex and the Post office are still running in your neck of the woods-

:) Please don't hesitate if you need something.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Thela, I had no idea it was so close to you! Please stay safe and lock your doors. I wish I could come down there and help you take care of the rescue dogs and help your family from from the tragedy that is happening so close to your family. God Bless and please keep us updated on your condition. ((HUGS)).

Archived