CairnTalk

My feelings have been hurt!

Marmielin

I think a married daughter's first obligation is now to her husband, not her mother's preferences.

My dh and I agree with this statement, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. Anyway, I went alone, and it worked out just fine. We will just have to go for day trips, and that won't be too bad since they are just 1 1/2 hr. from here. We all have to have our standards, and she is an adult now and I will respect her wishes. We are well aware that this is their house, and we can't make the rules there. A friend once told me her adult children were so selfish and I couldn't understand what she meant because she has wonderful children. But, now that mine is an adult, I understand it better. They think we are here to serve them, and will ask us for anything. But, when we need something it might not always be first on their priority list. I do know that my daughter would do anything for me - except let Tink sleep in the house! Thank you all for your input. Sorry I have such thin skin... You all were great listeners and gave good advice.

Lindab

Marmielin

Archived