CairnTalk

Color

Toto

I think he is a beautiful colour. I don't recall ever seeing another Cairn or photo of a Cairn that colour.

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

Guest Darcy's Mom

Brad and Shoe:

We had a silver/black brindle and he had the reddish muzzle until the day he died. It began turning copper when he was about 3 yrs. of age. I wondered for the longest time if he would turn that color or if it was just on his muzzle - never saw it anywhere else on his little body.

Darcy has the same coloring now (she's almost 2 yrs.) on her chin and muzzle and she is basically the same color as Toby was. Her fur that is reddish looks like it needs to be stripped as it is very dull looking. I'm using a flea comb now on her but that tends to pull whiskers too and I don't want to do that as it hurts her. Gotta get my nerve up and just do it!!!

Do you think this coloring is a defect in their genes? Or is this ok for Cairn's to have? I love Scout to pieces, so it doesn't matter to me, but I'm just curious. I call her my Billygoat...lol!

Guest Darcy's Mom

Personally, I kinda think it gives them a different look. I never worried too much about it with Toby and since Darcy seems to be headed in the same color direction, I just consider it normal, whatever normal is in a Cairn.

Sandy

Archived